When Banks Can Refuse to Refund Fraudulent Debit Card Charges
If you are a victim of debit card fraud, you are responsible for the following:
- $0 if you report the loss or fraud immediately and the card has not been used,
- Up to $50 if you notify your bank within 48 hours of your lost or stolen card,
- Up to $500 if you notify the bank with 48 hours and 60 days of your lost or stolen card, and
- All of the fraudulent charges if you don’t notify the bank until after 60 days.
- For more information, read here.