Do you need a Wilmington, NC, Personal Injury Lawyer? Are you aware of your legal options?
A personal injury lawsuit allows you to pursue your legal remedies if you’ve been harmed by another person’s careless, reckless or intentional acts. In some situations, a claim may be made based on injuries caused by a defectively designed, manufactured, or marketed product.
Many of our clients have suffered life-altering injuries as a result of someone else’s negligence. If you have suffered a brain injury, broken bones, spinal cord injury, paralysis, burns, amputation, or damaged joints, do not wait to get the medical attention you need.
It’s important to keep these factors in mind:
- Establishing the fault of another party
- Showing that, had it not been for the fault of another, you would not have suffered harm
- Demonstrating the extent of the harm you have endured
- Seeking the maximum amount available from insurance coverage, including the at-fault party’s insurance and, in some cases, your own insurance.
The damages typically sought in an injury lawsuit are:
- Property damages such as car repair or replacement
- Medical expenses that include past and future medical care
- Pain and suffering, including physical pain and emotional distress
- Punitive damages aimed at punishing and deterring reckless conduct
The bottom line is you should never have to pay for another person’s negligence. You deserve to have your day in court if you have been harmed due to someone else’s negligence. It’s our job to make sure you get the compensation that you need to reimburse you for your losses.
When you suffer a serious personal injury, your whole life changes in an instant. From the moment of your accident, your focus is on making a full recovery and determining how to pay for it. Shipman & Wright represents personal injury victims throughout southeastern North Carolina in wrongful death and personal injury claims.