Bankruptcy & Reorganization
WE ARE A DEBT RELIEF AGENCY. WE HELP PEOPLE FILE FOR RELIEF UNDER THE BANKRUPTCY CODE*
We focus on guiding personal and small business clients through complex personal and commercial debt workouts and restructurings to avoid Chapter 11, 7, or 13 bankruptcy proceedings at the outset while helping evaluate bankruptcy options.
Personal & Small Business – Representation
We begin by working to facilitate the negotiation of staged pathways forward relating to contractual and debt obligations for debtors to avoid insolvency and associated bankruptcy consequences.
Our representation may lead to potential opportunities to mitigate financial difficulties and exposures due to economic hardships through negotiations with creditors to avoid bankruptcy.
A non-contentious negotiation process with creditors and landlords potentially leads to voluntary arrangements and modifications to avoid bankruptcy before issues escalate forcing a Chapter 11 reorganization, Chapter 7 liquidation, or Chapter 13 Wage Earner Plan.
At every step of the way, we balance the debtor/borrower’s present and potential future financial ability with the creditor/lender’s need to restructure credit obligations while satisfying their regulator requirements and credit administrators.
Our representation and services may include:
Loan Workouts / Restructuring
- Loan workouts to avoid foreclosure
- Restructure of distressed real estate loans
- Restructuring of credit and equipment lease agreements
- Non-judicial foreclosure representation
- Deed-in-Lieu of foreclosure representation to mitigate personal or business liability
Forbearance Agreements & Amendments
- Foreclosure Avoidance
- Default – Mitigation of Penalties, Acceleration, Cash-Calls, Lock-Boxes on Cash Flow
- Interim Payment Negotiations
- Assignment of Income Payments
- Business Restructuring Plans
- Property Restructuring Plans
- Personal Restructuring Plans
Landlord – Tenant – Small Business
- Landlord and Tenant lease workouts
- Strategic planning / Negotiation
- Litigation and bankruptcy avoidance
- Loan workouts
- Partnership workouts
- Creditor right’s issues / objections
As a last resort, we can assist clients in utilizing protections afforded under the bankruptcy code by providing superior representation and guidance through Chapter 11, 7, and 13 proceedings.
*11 U.S.C. § 101 (12A) – The term “debt relief agency” means any person who provides any bankruptcy assistance to an assisted person in return for the payment of money or other valuable consideration, or who is a bankruptcy petition preparer under 11 U.S.C. § 110.